Akhandalamani Temple at Aradi village, Odisha, India, is dedicated to Lord Siva. Aradi is about 37 kilometers away from Bhadrak. The present fifty-foot cement and concrete temple structure replaced a wooden temple some time between 1830-1840 AD.
There is no conclusive history available either regarding Baba Akhandalamani or the temple of the lord Siva.
According to legend, around 350 years ago during the rule of Raja Sri Niladri Samara Singha Mohapatra, one early morning the Raja sent a peasant to cultivate
his paddy field on the bank of the river Baitarani. While cultivating, the blade of his plough was broken by hitting with some hard material. The peasant was astonished and
found a black glazed granite stone full of blood flowing toward the river Baitarani. The peasant ran to call King Niladrisamar Singhm and he hurriedly came to the spot,
finding a flood of milk in place of blood and a huge black cobra hooding the stone.
This famous temple, the abode of “Lord Siva” is located in the bank of river Baitarani, at Aradi, 37 km to the east of the district headquarters of Bhadrak via Asurali,
Kothara and Dhusuri. This place is also linked to Chandabali by boat through the river Baitarani. From Chandabali ferry ghat to Aradi it will take hardly two hours by boat.